DAY 1 – 11 February 2016
Stand out or perish – building competitiveness in business through design
The sky is the limit… – the cities of the future – challenges, visions and prospects
The city defined anew, or the art of revitalisation illustrated with the example of the Culture Zone in Katowice
A design is not the end: How to find common ground at every stage of project implementation? The model of co-operation between an investor, an architect and a contractor
Green buildings: New challenges for architects and designers
The role of designs in the Polish furniture industry
- Does design play a significant role in the sales process?
- The balance between form and function
- Co-operation between designers and manufacturers
- Polish design in furniture: Truth or myth?
- Promotion of design in the furniture industry
3D design: How does technology change the way of thinking about industrial design?
Design: How much does it cost? From idea to project
Design, you idiot! Expectations of the X, Y and Z generations
Project: Bathroom. Customer needs and trends: How to construct an offer in the bathroom industry effectively?
Offices: Do more! An office as a showcase of an enterprise. How to build an image using design?
Offices: Sexy & flexi, or the office of the future
(a series of 15-minute presentations)
THE FURNITURE GALA. Presentation of awards as part of the 14th edition of the “Product of the Year” competition
Banquet and gala of presenting the Property Design Awards 2016 for the best commercial facilities and interiors in Poland
DAY 2 – 12 February 2016
The architecture of commercial facilities. Quality is a long-term investment. Does investing in architectural treasures prove profitable?
The challenges a young architect is facing
Design Now – trends in design
Money for design: Do not copy, design it yourself! There is support
Design+Start-ups. How does it work?
Project: Living room
A sales showroom. Less is more – a bright, spacious, ergonomic and elegant room, or how shops are being designed today
Hotels. There is a need for luxury, but which way should we take?
Shopping centres. Accessory structures in large commercial space – the secret of utility
How to construct the beauty of common space?
A series of 15-minute presentations
DAYS 3 & 4 13–14 February 2016
A designer and practical interior at the same time: How to live in a fashionable and comfortable home?
When you furnish – you invest, or the world of designer objects in your home
Light + Colour = A good mood
Don’t worry – construct your home without stress
Out of love for interior architecture – LivingRoomLOVE
Out of love for interior architecture – BathroomLOVE
Out of love for interior architecture – KitchenLOVE
Out of love for interior architecture – BedroomLOVE
Unplugged – Multimedia in your home
A stylish terrace – a recipe for a successful design
Smart home – a space full of gadgets
An energy-efficient home – a recipe for comfort and lower bills
ARCHI KIDS – workshops and competitions for children
4 Design Days Awards – awards for exhibitors and products being presented (granted by professionals and visitors)
HOUSEMARKET FORUM SILESIA 2016
11–12 February 2016
The boom has returned. However, it shows a different face: The prospects of development and the trends present in the housing market in Poland
- The housing policy
- The financing of investments and the mortgage market
- Demographic and social trends
- Sales are increasing, but will prices rise as well?
- Looking with the eyes of developers: The potential of the largest cities in Poland
The housing gap in Silesia: How to bridge it? The property policy pursued by the city and the region
- Prices, new investments and the purchasing power – supply and demand in the Silesian housing market
- How do government programmes function in the region?
- The planning policy: Where is and will be room for new development projects?
Silesia: Project: Revitalisation
- How to create an attractive housing offer on post-industrial sites? The availability and quality of investment land
- Mining damage: How much does it cost to construct on difficult terrain?
- An original atmosphere, an industrial form, or attractive surroundings: What to invest in to entice customers?
Housing: To buy or to rent? A new prospect for developers and an alternative for the average Kowalski
- A flat to let: A good slogan, but will it catch on in Silesia?
- The flat rental market in Silesia: How much does it cost?
- Do developers wish to construct facilities for lease in the Katowice conurbation?
Smart home: Functionality, comfort and investment
- From design to implementation: How much does it cost?
- The Internet of Everything is entering our homes
- The future of the Polish market of modern solutions for homes
Regional Edition of the Property Forum Katowice
11–12 February 2016
Inaugural session. Silesia without complexes – the number of the region’s competitive advantages on the investment map of Poland is increasing
- Investments in new technologies as the key to the competitiveness of the region
- The quality of life, education and human capital – assets and challenges for Silesia
- Internal coherence of the conurbation and the region – arguments for and against
- Key investments
Offices. Human capital, education and offices: Where lies the key to winning the battle for an investor?
- A boom in outsourcing: How to compete with other conurbations effectively?
- A fight with innovations: How to create the conditions for the implementation of the most advanced processes?
- Green, economical and smart: What types of offices do investors look for in Silesia?
- The office race: What are developers preparing?
Warehouses. Warehouses and logistics – the prospects of development of the sector in the Silesian Voivodeship
- New ways and greater prospects: Where do enterprises wish their warehouses to be sited?
- E-logistics, or how new technologies are changing the developers’ business
- The region is full of assets, but how should we fight for new players effectively?
- An investment in the future – attractive locations for warehouse projects in Upper Silesia
Hotels. The ICC – the driving force that Silesian hotels needed. Prospects of the development of the hotel market in the region
- Silesia needs events: How to attract the biggest ones?
- A room does not suffice – guests wish to have attractions
- Is there a lack of hotels in Silesia? Promising locations and market niches
- Events, hotels, tourism and attractions – an idea for the promotion of Silesia needed immediately
Shopping centres. To construct, to modernise or to reposition? A qualitative analysis of the modern commercial space market in Silesia
- The commercial potential of the region: Do niches still exist?
- There is Supersam and there will be Galeria Echo, but what next? Is there room for another shopping centre in Katowice?
- How to fight for customers? Quality, the commercial offer, entertainment and services
- Silesia awaits new brands